Volunteers are always needed to help out in various areas during the event. It helps everyone enjoy everything plus you get to meet new people and their hounds! From setting up chairs for Speaker Talks to tearing down the fencing for the Solvang Streak, the organizers sincerely appreciate the efforts put forth by volunteers. Volunteers are what helps make the event happen (besides the dogs, of course)! If you can spare a couple of hours to volunteer, we would love to hear from you!
Here are some areas in which we need volunteer help:
- Kibble and Danish Friday morning at Lemo’s (handing out Lemo’s goodie bags)
- Set up and/or tear down for Speaker Talks
- Solvang Streak (set up and/or tear down)
- Solvang Streak dog handlers for release and catch
- Friday Night Pizza Party (set up and/or tear down)
- Raffle assistants
- Silent Auction assistants
- Buffet Dinner door assistants
- Photo journalists* (Amateur and professional photographers welcome)
*Photo journalists include picture taking of various hounds, activities, scenery and sending them to our webmaster. Please note: by sending in your various photos taken during the event, you are giving permission to use your photos for the Solvang website, calendar and other promotional items that benefit the gathering.
NOTE: Hours for volunteer positions may vary. Some of the above volunteer positions may require lifting and/or some type of physical labor. Some of the other volunteer positions may require being a *people* person, an experienced multiple dog handler, or being able to work with minimal supervision. If anyone is seriously interested in volunteering their services for any of the above, please contact Teri Rogo.